Happy New Year! Facebook Messenger pissing you off lately? Puzzled how to log out of this app? I was.
Facebook has redesigned the user interface (UI) of the messenger app. The previous method that I taught you (here) no longer works because they have removed the log out button in its current design.
Crazy. I know.
I visited this app’s reviews section in the App Store. Unsurprisingly, it was flooded with raging negative reviews. There were plenty of people begging for a log out feature. Did you submit a request for that feature, too? I did.
My head silently screamed it.
My suffocated heart kicked, rebelled, and wondered.
“Why make it so hard for me to leave?”
Does it remind you of your clingy ex? Chill! 🙂 There’s a way out.
Facebook has gone too aggressive in keeping us logged in the app. It is upsetting. Now let me help you remedy your frustration. Get ready to jump into the rabbit hole.
Word of caution: If you are reading this article way beyond the publishing date, this may no longer work as Facebook may have changed the UI again. Still, give these methods a try first before leaving.
Facebook recommends that you delete the app and re-install it and disconnect. It’s time consuming. You are smart and you don’t have to do it that way.
This is how to log out from the app:
I. WITHIN FACEBOOK MESSENGER APP
- Launch chat app.
- Tap the icon for SETTINGS.
- Tap TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Scroll down gently until you can spot the highlighted words, DATA USE POLICY. Tap that blue hyperlink.
- Tap the menu bar on the top left corner.
- Tap MORE RESOURCES
- Tap DEVELOPER PAYMENT TERMS
- Zoom slowly until you can see clearly your PROFILE PICTURE at the top right corner. Tap your picture to reveal the drop down menu.
- Tap LOG OUT from that drop down menu.
Viola! You have finally logged out from the Facebook Messenger App. You are now able to log in a different user on it.
II. USING MAIN FACEBOOK APP
- Launch the main Facebook app.
- Tap the menu bar for MORE.
- Scroll down until you find SETTINGS. Tap it.
- Tap SECURITY.
- Tap ACTIVE SESSIONS.
- Find the entry that lists these:
Device Type: Facebook Messenger on iOS 8
Device Name: Facebook for iPhone
- Tap the X icon next to that log to end its session.
And you’re done. You can now let a different user log in to the app.
You don’t have to uninstall/reinstall Facebook Messenger on your iPhone. You can either log out within the chat app or end the active session at the main Facebook app.
Were you able to log out from the Facebook Messenger app using these methods?
Disclaimer: This is a non-paid post.